Fuel Pump not working

I've not started the car for a couple of months, but due to the change in the weather I decided to give it a run today.

Flat battery to start with which was rectified with a spare battery.

Bosch fuel pump sounded good initially, and nothing appeared untoward. However, after cranking it half a dozen times without success I then realised that said pump was no longer working - arrrggghhh!

I'm a complete novice when it comes to anything mechanical & electrical so haven't a clue where to start looking.

Could it be a fuse?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Edited by pjc615ukuk
Mistake

It could be the fuse or the intertia switch if you have one. This is installed under the bonnet against the fire wall. Or the ignition switch.

I would first check the fuse.

Then, if you have a multimeter, measure if you have 12V at the pump and work backwards.

And use a wiring diagram. Makes fault finding much easier.

Waldi

16 minutes ago, Waldi said:

It could be the fuse or the intertia switch if you have one. This is installed under the bonnet against the fire wall. Or the ignition switch.

I would first check the fuse.

Then, if you have a multimeter, measure if you have 12V at the pump and work backwards.

And use a wiring diagram. Makes fault finding much easier.

Waldi

Sorted - it was the inertia switch. Thanks Waldi!!!!