Clip on Rear View Mirror

The rear view mirror on my 4a only gives a limited view of what is behind and is pretty  poor at covering areas near your blind spots. I have torpedo door mirrors which look nice but again give only a limited field of vision. I am sure other people have similar issues. I am thinking of trying a clip on mirror but the ones on ebay are far too wide-smallest is 240mm. Has anybody gone down this route or am I alone experiencing this. The other option is a replacement mirror from another classic. Any ideas?

Richard

I fitted a TR6 mirror to  my 4A many moons ago - a much better field of view and with dipping facility. Of course the wider mirror prevents the sun visors from turning back against the screen but being tall I sit high enough in the car not to need them.

Tim 

Triumph Dolomites (some, at least) have a wider mirror, and some of these will dip. Worth keeping eyes open at autojumbles, which is where I found one.

Ian Cornish

There is usually a gentleman at the International and other autojumbles who has some wide interior mirrors. His name escapes me (apologies) but he's an ex-Triumph works mechanic and usually has his motorhome and a small but useful selection of parts for sale.

I can't remember what they are from, but he said they used them on the works cars. Uses the same ball joint fixing so can be swapped to existing swan-neck.

Jerry

4 hours ago, jerrytr5 said:

There is usually a gentleman at the International and other autojumbles who has some wide interior mirrors. His name escapes me (apologies) but he's an ex-Triumph works mechanic and usually has his motorhome and a small but useful selection of parts for sale.

I can't remember what they are from, but he said they used them on the works cars. Uses the same ball joint fixing so can be swapped to existing swan-neck.

Jerry

Dave Gleed iirc.