TR4A Exhaust – Twin or single?

HI All

On 7/23/2019 at 11:10 AM, Spit_2.5PI said:

Graham, you mentioned "standard/quiet" exhaust. I would just point out that one person's "not wearing when cruising" or "not too loud" is another person's "I'm shattered" or "don't worry, I'll use ear plugs". Different people's perception of noise is different - especially when it's the manufacturer trying to make a sale! I'm sure everyone's exhaust suits their own taste, but I was mightily relieved when I changed to a "sensible" system on my Spit. I know this doesn't help choose a supplier for your TR! Do you have a local group near you? I'm sure members would be only too delighted to demonstrate their exhaust notes.

Cheers, Richard

Hi Richard (and others)

I was at Henley this weekend with our group and there were a number of TR4A's.

I only looked and did'n listen - I missed an obvious opportunity!!!   My excuse: my wife and I won a trip on the Queen's Gloriana Rowbarge, which took up most of the afternoon.

Ultimately, I'd like to buy a good quality, standard exhaust direct from a UK manufacturer.

Thanks

Graham

1 hour ago, graham-gmr said:

HI All

Hi Richard (and others)

I was at Henley this weekend with our group and there were a number of TR4A's.

I only looked and did'n listen - I missed an obvious opportunity!!!   My excuse: my wife and I won a trip on the Queen's Gloriana Rowbarge, which took up most of the afternoon.

Ultimately, I'd like to buy a good quality, standard exhaust direct from a UK manufacturer.

Thanks

Graham

Talk to Double S exhausts at Cullompton they will make you whatever you want and if you fancy a run out they will also fit it properly.https://stainlesssteelexhausts.co.uk/

Stuart.

784030692_sunbeamcategory__04301.original.thumb.jpg.80373db36cfe00c6a6c3691ee91f40dd.jpg

Knowledgeable company I'm sure*   except the Sunbeam car logo has a lion on it, and the one they are using is from Sunbeam motorcycles 1946-1949.   Likewise owners of a TR6  who experience difficulties in fit ..might want to check to see if they've been supplied with a Triumph Trophy motorcycle exhaust  ! :P

Edited by Bfg
  • 1 month later...

Hi All

Just a final note to finish off this topic and thank you all. 

I eventually decided to fit a twin exhaust and I believe I bought the last Falcon exhaust from Moss.

I fitted it on Saturday and went for a long drive on the Sunday and have to say the car was much quieter when cruising at speed (60mph) and there was no drumming from the exhaust when decelerating. I can only assume the baffles had failed in the old silencer boxes.

All in all, I'm very happy with the result.

Thank you all

Regards

Graham