Our World Tour of Jura

Hi Folks,

just got back from a nice 9 day trip to the Isle of Jura.

Over night stops at Penrith and Oban.

Oban has a Wetherspoon pub - Deuchar beer at £1.89 pint. Heaven.

Onto Islay only to find the ferry over to Jura was in pieces on the quay.. So we had to leave the TR on Islay and get a small boat across to Jura and then Bus to the hotel.

The following day the ferry was sorted so the TR made it to the island.

For those that have not been to Jura - there is 1 hotel/pub, 1 distillery,  a 100 or so humans, 6000 - 10000 deer, the Jura Stoat and one cat. 

On one of our runs coming back down the island we spotted a very small bouncy thing running down the road. It shot off into the roadside grass.

I coasted up to where it went in and there it was looking at me. I took 4 photo's. None contain the Stoat but do show a fine selection of grasses. 

The Stoat had a face very similar top Sid in 'Ice Age'

It is a fairly rare sub-species of the main land Stoat.

Coming home back to Oban we stopped off at the Atlantic Bridge https://www.google.com/search?q=atlantic+bridge+oban&oq=atlantic+bridge+oban&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.14934j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

for a quick half where upon we found Steve Hall ( Ex- TR Enterprise owner) who has moved North for retirement.

Stopping overnight  again in Penrith. This is a very nice little town.. Some oldy worldy shops plus some modern eating houses.

Arriving home yesterday afternoon - 1750 miles.

Roger

Hi Roger

Sounds like a fantastic wee trip. Glad to hear you had a few swift halves and I hope you had a few drams. Are sure the small bouncy thing wasn’t a haggis. :P

Fantastic Roger, - Ive been lucky / privileged to have travelled just about the whole world but, imo, nothing beats some parts of Scotland.. on a good day and specially in a TR

Buy you a beer Sunday and you can perhaps tell me more about it all? 

Cheers,

Tony