1959 TR3a Dyno Run

Hi

Took my 1959 Triumph TR3a to WGT Auto Developments for a Dyno run as I wanted to see if I had cured an intermittent top end fuelling issue. Pity it was pouring with rain on the way when my passenger was filming.   Final results of 93hp at the wheels with 138ft/lbs torque at 3500 ish rpm. 

This is about 117bhp at the flywheel. This is 123bhp/tonne.

Thanks to Pip at WGT for his time and expertise in looking after me and my old car.

3 hours ago, Hamish said:

Hi

Took my 1959 Triumph TR3a to WGT Auto Developments for a Dyno run as I wanted to see if I had cured an intermittent top end fuelling issue. Pity it was pouring with rain on the way when my passenger was filming.   Final results of 93hp at the wheels with 138ft/lbs torque at 3500 ish rpm. 

This is about 117bhp at the flywheel. This is 123bhp/tonne.

Thanks to Pip at WGT for his time and expertise in looking after me and my old car.

And they say that the 83mm piston and SUs can’t be made to give reasonable figures. Well done. 

Mick Richards