This thread might be of interest.

Quite a few of us have upgraded to Cibie/Valeo with Osram night breakers as referenced in this thread also. 

Iain

I have a pair like these going spare

http://www.supertweaks.com/land-rover/land-rover-defender/land-rover-defender-lighting/land-rover-defender-trucklite-led-headlight-kit

They are specified as 'off road only' as they do not have an 'E' mark.  

The beam pattern for me is too wide, not perfect flat top that I am used to on H4 halogens.

Were  fitted on my TR 3   for a week only and then I went to Valeo units with LED bulbs. 

You will need to change the plug and wires on the headlamp bucket.  They work with negative earth electric circuits only, so an orig car will need converting.

£90 the pair plus postage  

Will fit all negative earthed TR2-8

PM me if interested 

cheers

Peter W

Hi Bob, 

if they are looking for a second volunteer please send me a PM.

:)

BUT - today I failed the TÜV with my TR4A because of my LED bulbs:

no significant difference from dipped beam to main beam, just lot of light and much more lot of light.

As the TÜV inspector had a closer look through the glas and he realized the LEDs "the wheel was off (the car)" (german saying).

You know what I meen?

Ciao, Marco

Yes, some cheaper headlamp bulbs do not "dip" they just dim.

The ones I have give a very definate dip beam  299846409_LED-LEDdip.thumb.jpg.679728efebc5cfca6f466921e8ae163e.jpg

and main beam  884203164_LED-LEDmain.thumb.jpg.4f5de7474234342e10704665cad37ff9.jpg