Hi,

After doing some searches here regarding fitting a Phoenix Super Sports Exhaust, I've found a few mentions of poor fitment of the single tube from manifold to rear box, and wanted some current observations from those that have fitted this exhaust.

I am running what appears to be a Rimmers twin box system at the moment, and really want to have a more standard look, but also like the idea of the upgrade in terms of the original exhaust, with bigger bore and stainless.

Many thanks

Gareth

Gareth,

you are talking about the PXTH604 Manifold with PXS5203 SS cross box system.

The big bore pipe used to come as a single piece. This was a pain to fit in, especially with J-OD. I had to cut mine.  Apparently they are now sold as dual piece pipe. 

The manifold fits very well. I added a lambda sonde to it. In additon, I added a flex tube. The sound is great.

The part in the TShirt Box I added heat shield wrapping. The big bore is so large, if not alligned properly you may have vibrations against the box.

Do not expect too much in HP and Torque...I did a before and after dyno test....the change is marginal (3-5%) increase.

Jochem

FlexTube.thumb.JPG.7d980c5ebf47fa34520320a01c4ede9b.JPG

Edited by JochemsTR

Hi Gareth,

It's personal opinion but I swapped back and forth a couple of times and decided on the single bore rear silencer against the super sport twin. Much better sound and a little quieter too.

They now come as two piece. This helps transportation and fitment. No issues fitting but you need to be able to mess around with brackets to ensure no rattles. I put a bracket on the gearbox mount too but I don't think it was necessary.

Photos if you need to take a better look.

Colin

I've recently fitted the Phoenix manifold to a twin pipe exhaust and it all fitted together fine.

It certainly sounds great but not too noisy and allows the engine to easily spin up.

Daz

3 hours ago, JochemsTR said:

Gareth,

you are talking about the PXTH604 Manifold with PXS5203 SS cross box system.

The big bore pipe used to come as a single piece. This was a pain to fit in, especially with J-OD. I had to cut mine.  Apparently they are now sold as dual piece pipe. 

The manifold fits very well. I added a lambda sonde to it. In additon, I added a flex tube. The sound is great.

The part in the TShirt Box I added heat shield wrapping. The big bore is so large, if not alligned properly you may have vibrations against the box.

Do not expect too much in HP and Torque...I did a before and after dyno test....the change is marginal (3-5%) increase.

Jochem

Thanks Jochem, good to know they are supplying the long pipe as two parts now. 

2 hours ago, colin3511 said:

Hi Gareth,

It's personal opinion but I swapped back and forth a couple of times and decided on the single bore rear silencer against the super sport twin. Much better sound and a little quieter too.

They now come as two piece. This helps transportation and fitment. No issues fitting but you need to be able to mess around with brackets to ensure no rattles. I put a bracket on the gearbox mount too but I don't think it was necessary.

Photos if you need to take a better look.

Colin

Colin I'd love to see some pictures, thank you. And a second person saying they come in two pieces, good news.

1 hour ago, DRD said:

I've recently fitted the Phoenix manifold to a twin pipe exhaust and it all fitted together fine.

It certainly sounds great but not too noisy and allows the engine to easily spin up.

Daz

Not going for the manifold this time, but want the choice at a later time.

Cheers guys

Gareth

I'm trying to work out what if any exhaust fittings I'll need, it seems all the standard stuff has been removed. TR Shop are quoting me £62.59 for a fitting kit that will do this system.

Gareth