Hi

I am in the process of putting my TR6 back together with a new loom. The ignition switch back has come off and although it will go back on I'm a bit worried it might just decide to drop off in use. My '6 is a 1971 car with the ignition switch/steering lock. The lock doesn't look like any in the Moss catalogue. The wires are fixed to the back of the switch on a white block (see photo) and the colours and positions don't seem to match the wiring diagrams I have. Is this a correct switch or has it been swapped at some point?

Switch back

Is there any way I can repair this in situ or is it scrap?

Does anyone have a serviceable switch for sale?

Any advice and/or help much appreciated.

Rog

Edited by Pogo

Hi Rog,

haven't a clue about TR6 ignition but the Moss item 218959  https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/switch-ignition-218959.html?assoc=131107

Looks very similar to what you are holding.

However my USA wiring diagram shows the 4 pin plug but with only three wires going to it - no BROWN wire.

http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr2506.pdf

Roger

2 hours ago, Pogo said:

Hi

I am in the process of putting my TR6 back together with a new loom. The ignition switch back has come off and although it will go back on I'm a bit worried it might just decide to drop off in use. My '6 is a 1971 car with the ignition switch/steering lock. The lock doesn't look like any in the Moss catalogue. The wires are fixed to the back of the switch on a white block (see photo) and the colours and positions don't seem to match the wiring diagrams I have. Is this a correct switch or has it been swapped at some point?

Switch back

Is there any way I can repair this in situ or is it scrap?

Does anyone have a serviceable switch for sale?

Any advice and/or help much appreciated.

Rog

Rog if you look at the ignition lock, the socket that the switch fits into should have a small grub screw in it and this is what should hold the switch to the lock, my grub screw was lost and for years the car ran fine with the switch one the lock held together with electrical tape