Pressure regulator

That is how I did it, however, with fuel pumping around in a big circuit with both lines in the T shirt area, the fuel got wicked hot.  I have subsequently rerouted one line out of that area. My neighbor, who is a big time hot rod guy, is doing something completely different on his 57 vette.  The pump and the regulator are in the tank. A MAP line is connected from the manifold back to the back of the car to a fitting on the side of the tank which then goes to the regulator.  Only the pressure referenced fuel line goes to the fuel rails.  Cuts down on noise, return lines, etc and is much safer.  Most ECU's have a air purge code upon initial start up so that isn't a problem.  

Fuel getting hot 

I shielded the lines in the TShirt area....another possibility is to install fuel radiator on the return. 

I heard about rerouting the lines inside the car but I opted not to and will have to wait till I experience any problems. However, I have a fuel temp sensor to monitor the fuel temp. Just figuring out a location where it actually makes sense to install. 

Jochem

I had shielded the lines and had shields on the exhaust pipes. The fuel got so hot, you couldn’t touch the fuel rail comfortably.  I live in Phoenix, so heat is a big issue. Now, the rail is a bit cooler than the plenum. 

Edited by CK's TR6
Spelling

I used to run the pump in the tank to keep it cool and braided lines well away from the exhaust on the outside of the shell, safer in the event of fire. To keep injectors inlet side cool use polyprop isolation gaskets on the throttle bodies I was surprised just how much difference this made, while you could not touch the cam cover you could keep your hand on the plenum even after a thrash on a track. The other benefit is that the fuel returned to the tank remains cooler as the rail is on the cool side.