2 hours ago, matt george said:

Slightly off topic, but I use Mintex 1144 on my 2.5 saloon, and they are excellent for fast road work. Great bite and they never fade!

Matt

+1

Same for me. Mintex 1144 pads fitted to both TR6 and GT6.

Nigel

+1 1144 mintex. Even survived spirited driving around spa. Can be a bit squarely and your may need to enlarge the holes for the pins. 

Hi Folks,

just to give brake pads a wider view I have been using these for the past year or so  Ferodo FDS167 https://www.burtonpower.com/ds-perf-pads-f-mk2-esc-capri-cort-gran-m16-caliper-fer167.html       I do not know how they compare with the Mintex range but they do work very well on side roads as well as Motorway travelling.

The pin holes need opening a gnats.

When needed they stop the car.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Thanks all for your comments. I have a couple of reservations regarding the 1144. Firstly is their tendency to squeal ,and secondly they tend create quite a lot of dust.The dust I can live with ,however the squealing would drive me nuts. 

I was wondering how these new MX4597 performed ,however it appears no one has tried them yet. They are out of stock on their website so maybe they don’t exists. 

After all this I’ll probably go for the Hawk HPS pads instead.

Regards

Cameron

Have come to terms with the squealing. Has the added benefit that other cars know you are about when you are in town.  

+1 for the Ferodo DS Performance pads as mentioned by Roger, can't recall but he may have gone for these originally following my suggestion. I used the 1144s previously and could never eliminate the annoying squeal, most prevalent when braking gently from lower speeds. I have never had a peep from the Ferodo pads, they have excellent bite from cold, every bit as good as the 1144s and produce very little dust, pad life is good and I've yet to experience fade - OK I don't do track days but the car has tackled many Alpine passes on the last few Club Triumph's Ten Countries Runs.

Tim

3 minutes ago, tim hunt said:

+1 for the Ferodo DS Performance pads as mentioned by Roger, can't recall but he may have gone for these originally following my suggestion. I used the 1144s previously and could never eliminate the annoying squeal, most prevalent when braking gently from lower speeds. I have never had a peep from the Ferodo pads, they have excellent bite from cold, every bit as good as the 1144s and produce very little dust, pad life is good and I've yet to experience fade - OK I don't do track days but the car has tackled many Alpine passes on the last few Club Triumph's Ten Countries Runs.

Tim

I took Tim's advice and the pads work very very well.

They have come in handy on a couple of very scary moments.

I got mine form Burton Engineering.

Roger

• 4 weeks later...

I am planning a brake overhaul this winter and was going to   uprate to Mintex 1144 pads but on reading the comments about squealing I am not so sure. Is this a common problem, and would fitting drilled and slotted discs help.

Cheers Chris