Hi

I’m starting to put together the dash on my TR6, it’s a US CF Oct 1974 model which came without the dash instruments, Just a question do the chrome bezels have a Matt black finish, I've just been to take a set into Speedograph for refurbishment and he says they should just have chrome finish no black.

Regards

Phil

Later cars post 73 i.e CR or CF all had chrome surrounds on the instruments. (Yes I know some CR were produced in late 72!)

Stuart.

Stuart 

thanks, I probably didn’t make it clear, yes they are chrome but isn’t there a Matt black finish to the inner part of the bezel?

There’s  a guy selling a late Tr6 in the ‘TRR Classifieds’ the bezels on that one do appear to have a. Black inner finish to them. 

Phil

Why not repaint them yourself - I masked off the outer edge, sprayed without primer using a “rattle can” waited for it to dry and used a rag soaked in thinners to remove the paint on the front of the bezel.

Some trial and error was needed to get the right effect.

Cheers Neil

I painted my CP bezels (all black) myself too. Use a good quality rattle can paint, the cheaper ones are not as nice/strong.

I grinded with 400 grid, that sufficed.

Waldi