Body panels... best source nowadays?

Dear all

I'm looking to buy some replacement body panels for my '70 CP TR6. Sills, rear deck and a few other. I've read a lot about quality and fit and where to source them from. But I would still appreciate the most recent insights of where to go look for them today. Bastuck, Moss, other... Who do you reckon delivers the best quality?

Many thanks

Jeroen

Edited by JTY
typo

from my experience of panels, most will be Heritage panels and are pretty good. Top deck , rear valence , floor panels fitted really well. Wings are ok but need a bit of work , I did find some NOS wings and used them instead (they still needed work ) Where to buy from ? i dealt with TRGB ,quick and efficient service.

hope thats of some help

Len

A few years ago I was lucky enough to get a tour round Fitchetts warehouse in Telford. Though it's not advertised, they do have some NOS Stanpart TR6 panels.

I saw pairs of wings there, don't know what else they may have. Tony (the father, now sadly departed) gathered huge quantities of parts when the factory closed in Canley.

Suggest you try phoning them, better than emails or checking their website.

Nigel

Hi Jeroen. 

As mentioned above heritage panels are readily available and don't require much work to fit, I've replaced floors, deck, inner wings, inner and outer rear valances all heritage panels with very little trouble, I've also fitted a Bastuck front valance very happy with fit, but have been advised a little thin on metal compared to original. 

Sills are going to be your biggest problem these need lots of work, I left the ones replaced on mine and  now struggling to fit my outer panels trying to achieve good panel gaps. 

All good fun

Mark. 

Outer Sills are always the biggest problem as the cut in where the front and rear wings go isnt correct so needs a bit of cutting and shutting and also check the step width and the depression for the base of the "A" & "B" posts. There good second hand outer panels around occasionally so a trawl of the usual suspects can turn up some.

Stuart.