My mohair hood supplied by Rimmer Bros is beginning to show its age. The back zip out window is beginning to split along the stitch lines at the base. Does any one know who supplies the hoods to Rimmers or a good repair outfit that could simply replace the window? Or am I being a tight wad and not want to spend £500 plus on a new hood.

When I was in business many years ago I used Aldridge Trimming < here >  for mohair tops as well as for retrimming interior.  Was good then and I haven't heard anything bad since.

• 2 months later...
On 6 June 2019 at 4:29 PM, roughground said:

My mohair hood supplied by Rimmer Bros is beginning to show its age. The back zip out window is beginning to split along the stitch lines at the base. Does any one know who supplies the hoods to Rimmers or a good repair outfit that could simply replace the window? Or am I being a tight wad and not want to spend £500 plus on a new hood.

Not sure whether you will have a sail maker nearby , but I had all 3 Windows repaired by a local firm for £50.

maybe a totally useless recommendation for you, but do a Google search....you never know.