Hello everyone

Got a small leak just under the water-pump, a consideration is to replace the pump, but which one do I get?

I've been on another forum and they suggested there has been some issues with certain pumps, wrong shape and too few impellers, but could not remember which pumps, they suggested a search here which I have done using 'water pump' and the most recent thread was 2014, a lot can happen in five years!

An alternative would be to get the pump refurbished.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Mike

Mike Might be worth having a chat with Enginuity I had my car in there the other day and they replaced my 'brand new' 1000miles ago water pump with one they had remanufactured. They are now salvaging the old pumps and having them rebuilt rather than fit the ones now available.

Did a search using google and found more on water pumps in this forum, strange I couldn't find other threads using this forum search mode.

Decided to use EP Services based in Wolves for a refurbishment. They will upgrade the seals and bearings, done numerous TR5s, been doing this for 45 years and it will come with an unequivocal life time guarantee.

Best wishes,

Mike

12 minutes ago, MikeThomas said:

Did a search using google and found more on water pumps in this forum, strange I couldn't find other threads using this forum search mode.

Decided to use EP Services based in Wolves for a refurbishment. They will upgrade the seals and bearings, done numerous TR5s, been doing this for 45 years and it will come with an unequivocal life time guarantee.

Best wishes,

Mike

+ 1 and good service

40 minutes ago, MikeThomas said:

Interesting,I’ve found the same  and have stopped using the forum search .Google usually comes up with a number of results with the option to show more.