Brands Hatch 8th june AMOC

I have an entry for the TR2 in the Innes Ireland cup race at the Aston Martin meeting on saturday. Also the 50s sports car race.

I Have a few spare tickets if anyone is interested in coming along.

ROY

Oh dear half shaft broke and lost rear wheel. Still at least stayed the right way up.

congrats to John Andon in his TR4 for a win in the Innes Ireland race.

ROY

Hope there isn’t too much damage Roy. Must have been a bit scary. 

I must be a bit daft, when I saw the title I thought  "Thats brave of the Austin Morris Owners club to have a race meeting at brands hatch"  ;):rolleyes:

Sorry to hear of the broken half Shaft Roy but hope you enjoyed the rest of the event

cheers

Alan

As it broke in qualifying i did get to watch the races but no fun when you have paid 2 entry fees :angry:

i drove back home knowing that i had 3 axles but the only girling one turned out to be from a TR4 so longer.Don't know where that came from. So went back and watched.

At least i tried.

I think myself very lucky as most others have flipped over when this happens. Having the high profile historic tyres ment that the wheel stayed under the wing as it broke on the loaded side.

broke at the hub end.

ROY

Edited by roy53
missed word
On 6/9/2019 at 4:30 PM, roy53 said:

Oh dear half shaft broke and lost rear wheel. Still at least stayed the right way up.

congrats to John Andon in his TR4 for a win in the Innes Ireland race.

ROY

Hi Roy,

Only just seen your post. I'm sure that "Oh dear..." wasn't what you said at the time it happened. You've been very lucky not to roll over. Is there any significant damage to car?

Dave McD

As i said i feel very lucky now. The fact that the wheel was trapped in the rear wing ment that it slid on rubber and preventing the axle digging in and flipping me over. As you can imagine the rear wing is not quite as it was.

Enjoy SPA