Hi John, nice looking car!  There is a special feature on your car. I looked at the grille and you have the rounded bar grille with no black paint. This must be an early production number. It is before number 500 I think. I have seen sofar 4 cars with these type of grille, including that of mine. It is very rare to see. Can you share your production number and if you have the production date, so that I can document it. 

Do you know if the grille was always without the black paint? All cars I have seen sofar had no black paint. This is strange in itsefl because all TR 250"s supposed to have black paint on it. 

I was emailing with the TR250 Register guru's and they think it had to do with supply issues starting up the production lines. They also informed me that others have been looking into this topic for 20 years, but could not clarify why this grille is used. 

Good luck in selling your car!

regards, 
Jan Steenbeek, The Netherlands

001.jpg