BUO finished....with a small 'f'

I say finished with a small f because are these cars ever 'Finished' I'm thinking that even when they left the factory there was still more to do ! 

We purchased BUO back again ( for the 3rd time!) in May 2105 and  after 4 years and £XXXXX! she's now in the state you see in the photo's

I would love to say the panel fit and depth of shine on the paint and the fact the engine now runs like a sewing machine was all down to my personal handiwork.

However just the same as whilst having all the best ingredients doesn't mean you going to win bakeoff, I decided that for me I would let those that had the skills do the work and I would just put it all together like a big airfix kit. 

So the credit for all of the bodywork/Paintwork and rolling chassis must go to Stuart at Watermill classics and the final post 1000 mile tune up which transformed the car from a 'peaky' unrewarding car to drive into the smooth power delivery machine it is,  now goes to Enginuity. The cam I had fitted by the engine builder ( not Stuart or Enginuity) was shall we say a difficult beast to tame when running PI it is apparently far better suited to triple Webber's. But its fitted so don't really want to pull it all apart again. 

The plan was to enter it into the concours at Stratford but having seen how difficult it is to build a true 'concours' car even given the beautiful state that Stuart returned the car to me in, I quickly realised that it was going to be beyond me to put the car together well enough so its back together drenched in rust proofer and we're  looking to do some serious touring in her over the next few years.

P1010782.JPG

P1010783.JPG

P1010784.JPG

Edited by Graham

That's very nice, Graham.

When mine was finished, I would fill up the tank and just go for hours. Didn't want to stop.

Enjoy it & feel young again.

Cheers, Walt

Edited by Sapphire72

Congratulations with the completion Graham!

I wish you many miles with it.

Cheers,

Waldi

Brilliant, i know that feeling as just finished one too.

You are definitely right about a small 'f', as i am finding out.

Dave