E10 (10%Ethanol in Petrol) coming soon AHHHHH

Ladies and Gents.

So with the advent of E10 being just around the corner:angry::angry:will the current range of ethanol friendley pipe work on offer cope?

I will be looking to re do all my pipe work this year to deal with such.I will be getting in touch with my PRV supplier to see if E10 will have any affect within the PRV, also my metering unit was refurbed around 4 years ago so, I hope every thing in there will be ok to.

Hi Martin.  The more alcohol the less likely water will separate in the tank, assuming rate of water vapour ingress stays the same. Mixture will run a tad leaner, but the PI has to run really rich I doubt 10% will run any different from 5%. Overall 10% might be better by reducing the problem of water separation during winter lay-up.

Peter

You should fare better than most as you run your car every week. I wouldn't use ethanol fuels if I had a choice-which in Australia I still have.

Note your MPG on ethanol will be slightly less due to its lower calorific value.

• 4 weeks later...

Taken from the UK ESSO website - https://www.esso.co.uk/fuels-faqs

The majority of unleaded 95 Octane petrol sold in the UK contains up to 5% ethanol as required under the Government’s Renewable Transport Fuels Obligation (RTFO).

There is currently no requirement for renewable fuel (such as ethanol) to be present in super unleaded (97 grade petrol).

Esso super unleaded petrol (Synergy Supreme+ Unleaded 97) is ethanol free (except in Devon, Cornwall, the Teesside area and Scotland). We would therefore advise anyone who has concerns about the presence of ethanol in petrol to use Synergy Supreme+ – providing they do not fill up in Devon or Cornwall, the Teesside area or Scotland.

Our Synergy Fuels:

Diesel

Supreme+ Diesel

Unleaded

Supreme+ Unleaded

This is the first real evidence I have seen that a particular suppler does not put ethanol in their high octane fuel, so I'l go to Esso in future, I've used Tesco Momentum until now.

Have a read of this , this company  Greenenergy, I've seen their tanks on the road, have 5% in both normal and high octane https://www.greenergy.com/uploads/LdcN6uEgdclc_Unleaded 95 Petrol_specification sheet_Feb18.pdf