34 minutes ago, JochemsTR said:

For my engine #2 I am looking for some new components...

currently Oilpump is on my list....are the aftermarket ones any good? Or rather buy a used one from Ebay?

Jochem

Chris Witor https://www.chriswitor.com/proddetail.php?prod=217488RP

Stuart.

I have a new oil pump from Chris Wittor.

Since I measure all my new conponents and compare with the old ones I noted:

The internal clearances were all ok.

The 3 hex head screws are 10 mm, so I re-used my old ones.

The drive shaft was quitte a bit smaller in diameter which results in more oil loss through the bushing.

The drive shaft was a 1-2 mm shorter, which results in less grip in the drive key.

Oil pressure on my reconditioned engine is good with this pump however.

Others have reported spanes from machining in the new pump, mine was clean, but knowing you by now, you will check it:)

So not a perfect pump, but I found it acceptable.

Waldi

Years ago I bought some OE internals, several sets comprising the shaft, sleeve but not housing. One or two measured in spec with at least (3) having excess clearances. Mixing and matching helped. I fitted one to my driver.

I'm fixed for the duration with at least one good set for the next new engine but I'm sorry to see the ones available today are sub-par.

Tom

Roger,

do you want me to raise a PQI?

I have all measuements, pictures available to back this up.

Note: this is not a fault of Chris Wittor, it is a manufacturer fault, the lid has “powertune” cast in letters.

I forgot to mention: the inlet sieve was not good either, the woven metal was very close to the suction pipe and it cannot be swapped for the original item (which was better), because the tread was different.

With minimal changes, this can be made a good pump by the manufacturer, AT NO EXTRA COST.

Waldi

I will probably go with Ed.

Finding 1 or 2 used on Ebay, and buy one new from Chris or the other Web Suppliers. Some may call this overkill, but with the Oilpump I rather do not take any risks.

Jochem

• 1 month later...

I bought 2 used original pumps from ebay. 

In both cases the clearance between inner and outer rotor exceeds the max allowable...

Now I will buy a new one from our suppliers and see what that brings me. Third time is a ....

Jochem