It's one leak after another - Now the fuel sender

Hi, having just stoped two oil leaks ( sump &  sealing block) then a fuel line, I now have a leak from the fuel sender gasket, over the last year I belived  I had eliminated all fuel pongs, or so I thought..On the car's first outing this year I thought I would fill the tank, only to find there is a small leak from the sender gasket, I tried half a turn on the sender screw only to find it will not tighten nor will another, so the  threads gone. Are these screws self tappers or bolted screws,  and has any one experience this and a solution?

Thanks Phil

Tank.jpg

Hi Phil,

I have a feeling that those little screws are 10/32 (quite close to 2BA)  You may be lucky and tap the hole with an M5 thread. This is a little bigger and  just work.

No drilling required.

Failing that M6 is next step (just smaller than 1/4 UNF.

Roger

Thanks Roger, Rich

Ill try and re tap the hole first if that doesn't work I could be emailing you for a new tank

It’s fiddling job to slacken the tank retaining screws/bolts to slide the tank diagonally into the boot, I am sure I read a link in the forum last year, as the sender has to be removed to slide the new gasket over it but the new cork gaskets a cheap and the repair solved my similar problem.

7 hours ago, Phil M said:

Thanks Roger, Rich

Ill try and re tap the hole first if that doesn't work I could be emailing you for a new tank

Phil - no probs  - I hope for your sake you don't need one but you know where I am if you find you need one - I've got a couple spare so you should be fine

cheers

Rich