I am rebuilding the front suspension and there appears to be discrepancies with the order of the washers, sealing rings etc on the trunnion to lower wishbone bolt. A YouTube clip says (from wishbone outwards) water shield, bush, rubber sealing ring, thrust washer. This also appears to be the case with the workshop manual. When I try this the rubber sealing ring won’t stay in place when I fit the bolt as there is nothing to hold it in place (I am using suprapro polybushes which may be wider than the originals). However, the original parts catalogue and the moss parts catalogue show water shield, rubber sealing ring, bush, thrust washer. This works for me. Which is correct and does it matter? 

Hi Richard,

It sounds like your are using a combination of the original bush/sealing parts and the SuperPro bush.

If I remember correctly the SuperPro kit does not have sealimng rings etc. It is self sealing.

I'm sure somebody will be along to confirm this or call me  a twit.

Roger

Yep, Standard bush are actually nylon inserts with shield and sealing ring etc... but you can't combine this setup (they come as a kit) in using polybush as bush. If you're using polybush, you install only the tube, the bush and the washers, not the shield neither the rings

Edited by Geko

Thank you so much. Absolutely correct, as I’ve re-read the instructions that came with the superpro kit. 

In fact this is what in did first time, then I started to doubt myself!