Unrelated except by age I surmise!

Went to Mark Knopfler and band in concert last night at Newcastle arena, security was unprecedented but I suppose a sign of the times, my  chest scaffold set the metal detector off!!!.

The average age of the audience made TR owners look like spring chickens. Jeez even I felt young and that's going some. Brilliant mix of old and new stuff, Dire Straits numbers etc. 

11 band members playing as many as five different instruments each from Flute, Uilleann pipes, Accordian, two drummers/percussionists to Buzuki!

"Money for Nothing" live was mind blowing, finale of five curtain calls "Going home" was hair raising not that I have much.

Although voice was not the best but it never was, the Guitar skills are better than ever.

Only downside was the Morons with their bloody mobile Phones taking pics and videos, in a seated arena arms extended with a phone makes for blocked view, still, they will now need to visit a proctologist to retrieve their phones. Pillocks!!!!!!!!! Perhaps I'm just getting to be grumpy. Whats wrong with using memory as you could never hope to soak up atmosphere?

Signed up and booked tickets to see The Aussie Pink Floyd at Glasgow NEC at the end of the year. they were great at Carlisle but a large venue will be spectacular, see Albert Hall last year.

Knopfler at his best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rodbr