TR6 @ 50 PLAQUE

Has anybody else bought one of these, if so where and how did you fit it.

I bought mine because my car will be 50 on 28th December. When I came to put it on this afternoon I decided that the obvious place would be on the front bumper.

The 1st thing that immediately became obvious was that the zip ties supplied were nowhere near long enough. A garage search ensued and luckily I had a bag of ones that were plenty long enough. Stood back to admire it and realised that it obscured the side light, there  was no room to move it further out and if I moved it in it would obscure the no plate.

I really wanted it on the front, but it looks as though it will have to be on the rear-------unless anybody else has a bright idea of how to overcome the problems encountered.

John

I chose the far left of the front grill, looks good and no apparent impact on cooling so far in the 350 miles since it has been on.

These are selling well, Jo has just re-ordered for the second time.

Mick

Double sided number plate tape & attach to bumper low enough not to obscure light unit.

Harvey S. Maitland

Try this.  Two tywraps at the top and one looped down below the bumper on the valance, where there is a handy place to loop the tywrap.  Needs an extra hole in the bottom.

Pity the plaques now available from the TRR are so thick.  

1141215421_TR6at50-plaque.thumb.JPG.ef35670a27b508d6d04e04ab2a4ba23e.JPG

Thank you for your ideas gentlemen

The plaque is now installed on the left hand side of the grille and looks very good. It does bend a little at the top when the bonnet is opened, but nothing of any consequence.

Brain now back in gear.

John