brake testing - body off

So I've fitted all the brake lines on the rolling chassis and I would quite like to test the system before I put the body on; new brake lines, piston seals etc so chance of a system leak is possible. Has anyone done this before putting the body on, so obviously no master cylinder/brake pedal etc. Has anyone devised a tool which can pump in brake fluid then lock in the pressure to do a drop test?

Much appreciated

David

Honestly it seems a little OTT to try to test this system before it's fully assembled...I dunno how long it's gonna take you to put the rest of the car together but I would imagine that the brake lines being wet with fluid will create its own problems.

But if you really wanna do it you'll need a grease gun or other hydraulic pump plus a t piece with a 3000psi gauge... Pump the fluid through, bleed everything then pump it up to 2000psi and leave it 30 mins.

+1

For the above reasons I waited with filling and bleeding until the body was installed.

I used silicone brake fluid, so no concerns with damaging the paint.

Waldi