National TR6 Day at Wroxall Abbey

12 TRs gathered at Donington Services for the drive down to Wroxall. How many TR6s will be there?

Mick

20190519_095219.jpg

Edited by Mick Forey

The event is a great success with nearly 300 Triumphs of all models from the pre-1940s to an Acclaim. There are well over 100 TR6s. After a sunny morning the dark clouds arrived followed by the rain. 

A grand day out and about. 

Mick

20190519_134904.jpg

The pre-1940 club were very pleased with the turnout and are happy to organise another picnic at a similar date next year for all clubs within the Standard Triumph forum. So if you could not make it this year then reserve some space in your calendar for next year. There were Triumphs from all over the country and I even met a member who came over from Holland in his TR6. Nowhere is far in a TR.

We sold lots of rally plaques and t-shirts at the TR Register gazebo and gained a few new members. Plaques and t-shirts are available on the TR Register shop:  https://www.tr-registershop.co.uk/tr650-t-shirt-10358-p.asp. Thanks go to Wayne who picked up the gazebo and the regalia from Didcot plus all those who helped man the stall during the day.

Mick

Cheers Tim,

The camera doesn't show well as its mounted to a sucker on the windscreen, but my left hand is on the wheel just low down as I like to have my left hand not far from changing gears, and my right hand higher up so to lean my right arm on the door, I just find it comfortable driving roadsters like that :)

Cheers

Steve