Bonnet Prop/Stay attachment

Hi Dave,

that stud should not rotate. I'm sure it is welded into the little panel before it is welded to the bonnet.

The best solution is to try and get a spot of weld onto the stud/panel to lock it - very dodgy with all that lovely paint work.

Is it possible to squirt some locktite into the stud/panel and then use two  plain nuts locked together.

Or simply use two plain nuts locked together.

Roger

Thanks Roger - I suspected the weld came loose...

I think I will try the two plain nuts first. If I don't come right, then weld and touch-up paint it will be!

Many thanks for the advice 

Dave

Hello Dave

Maybe cut a screwdriver size slot into the end of the bolt with a junior hacksaw so you can hold it with a screwdriver while tightening the nut. Alternatively there are some epoxy glues that are as strong as metal that could hold the nut but they don't adhere that well to paint. I wouldn't like to spot weld the bolt myself - I have a tendency to end up with too much weld that then needs grinding off.

Keith

First thing is I’d try a little battery powered impact driver.  Push up on the prop rod to put a little side pressure on the stud and hit it with the impact driver with the appropriate socket attached .

Just a suggestion  

Cheers, 

Tush

Edited by M. Pied Lourd