Inline filter for PI system

I'm wanting to change my original PI fuel inlet system,

I already have an independent Bosch pump fitted, I want to take out the CAV filter and add an inline inlet and pressure filter, and add a new return port into the top of the fuel tank to take the overflow from the PRV, like the later tanks and use the existing port in the tank to take the MU return.

Will this filter used twice be good enough for pre filtering and pressure filtering, its flow quoted is 5litres a min, or will I need a bigger filter?  It can be supplied with a metal filter rather than the paper element.

https://simonbbc.com/copy-of-powermax-high-flow-high-pressure-fuel-filter-for-efi-systems-with-paper-filter-element/

Any thoughts would be appreciated

John

23 minutes ago, stuart said:

I use those too, work great.

i did think the 8mm fittings are a little on the small size but i get no fuel starvation, even up to 6000 revs.

steve

Hi John

Bosch pumps are not great suckers so you want as large a pipe as possible from the tank to the pump. I have large bore outlet from the tank 10mm pipe work and a  Sytec bullet filter with a reusable  55 micron metal filter and then a finer Bosch F5005 post filter which is approx 8 to 10 micron. You want a coarser pre filter to maximise flow.  The powermax filter is cheaper than the sytec so I suppose you could use that filter with a metal coarser filter filter which I notice they supply.

Best of luck

Roger

46 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

I use those too, work great.

i did think the 8mm fittings are a little on the small size but i get no fuel starvation, even up to 6000 revs.

steve

You can get them in 12mm or 15mm as well https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SYTEC-MOTORSPORT-FUEL-INJECTION-PUMP-PRE-FILTER-CHOICE-OF-8MM-12MM-15MM-6-8-HN/401760562681?epid=8012473054&hash=item5d8acbadf9:g:LokAAOSw2xRYU9WC

Stuart.