Expertise Required - Although, only 90% TR Related..

Others may have more experience/ knowledge than me, but my tuppence worth meanwhile..

Depends what your drive is made of - tarmac, concrete, (including "brick" shapes) etc Whatever it is I don't think there is a quick esay solution.

On concrete, if the stains are old the oil will have permeated into the concrete along with the black particulates and stuff. You won't get it out by surface applications of detergent. I have found Jizer to be moderately effective, especially if you can leave it a while. If the drive is plain concrete an application of cement powder has a reasonably good cosmetic effect.. Sprinkle on and brush off, Drive needs to be dry. Be careful of over zealous use of pressure washer you can damage the surface making the surface more porous.

IF tarmac then you need to be careful with Jizer and similar stuff as they don't differentiate well between oil and drive. 

Jizer is an excellent paintbrush cleaner if you  have some left over.

Good luck.

Mike

Good thread!

now that my TR6 has ‘moved indoors’ i’d like to renovate my block paving drive.

i’ve previously used degreaser and pressure wash, bit with limited resusts.

steve

Thanks Pete, is this the stuff?

Edited by Steves_TR6

Sorry Steve, I just checked what I have - it is "A - Q Oil Breaker", not buster. I had a few samples from an industrial supplies factor some years ago, and found it worked very well.

I can't find it online.

Pete

I use petrol.... scrub it in with a brush..... then set fire to it! Burn it off plenty of black smoke, then finish off with washing up liquid.:ph34r: That’s for concrete or stone... I wouldn’t try it on tarmac!

saves buying another product!

Edited by DaveN

Sounded just the job when I read it this morning, in Oslo, Dave...... Now I’m back home in leafy tranquil Surrey, are you sure we will not have ‘Armageddon’ on our hands?

(btw and albeit a very, very long time ago I used to live in Toxteth, Liverpool and sure it frowned upon by some even in those days?!)