I (tried to) set mine at 1/16 and was surprised at how well it rides so must be ok.

Edited by TRseks

The small amount of toe in is set so that when you are moving the wheels become parallel

Gareth

5 hours ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

The small amount of toe in is set so that when you are moving the wheels become parallel

Gareth

This is broadly correct, although the toe in reflects the "mushy" condition of the original spec rubbers within the factory build. When replaced with new poly bushes where available the amount of toe in required can vary, however if as previewed on the existing Tyre Pressure posting if ever a truism existed it is...

"altering the toe in more towards parallel from about 1/16th toe in...slower." The understeer inherent in factory build autos is essential to give balanced handling when power is applied before corners, if you go into a corner with a car under neutral handling the slightest application of power will change the handling from neutral into oversteer to a greater or lesser degree. That means slower through corners and without the same level of grip.

The best bang for your buck is to get rid of Bump Steer, with suitable suspension set up it will allow you to alter your understeer/oversteer purely by alteration of the toe in. If you want a copy of my article of how to do it PM me your e mail address.

Mick Richards