Fractured chassis mounts for gearbox

Morning folks,

Just stripped down a nice straight TR4 chassis which has this damage to the gearbox mounts both sides of the chassis rail...is this a common problem, what causes it? Anyone encountered this before?

Gearbox mounts 1.jpg

Gearbox mounts 2.jpg

Hi Roger, I've just given it a bit of a clean, I can't find any damage extending into the chassis rail, the notch at the back of the gearbox mount looks like a bit of heat damage from the original weld to the back end of the bracket...?

Gearbox mounts 3.jpg

Engine mountings  worn out and gearbox mounting degraded by oil will do this especially if the gearbox mounting plate wasnt tight as well. A lot of weight slightly on the move!

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, looking closely at the damage I don't think the back end of the box was miles away from breaking free, I've emailed Colin at CTM to see if he sells these brackets, failing that I'll fabricate some stronger ones myself.