Best primer for shell

Hi any paint experts out there.

My shell will hopefully soon be ready for blasting after 18 months of welding and I'm planning on doing the seam sealing and spraying the base coats myself. The final finish will be done by a professional shop.

Can anyone suggest what would be:-

a) The best bare metal primer, filler primer and primer compatible with 2 pack. (I have access to an air fed mask) 

b) Suppliers

c) Any recommendations with regard to professional paint shop in West Yorks

Thanks

Andy 

Lechler fix-o-dur ec  04318    Etch primer

Upol grey stripe brushable seam sealer/Upol Tiger seal polyurethane sealer

Lechler Ti green high build primer 5:1 04109 

Supplier, any decent paint supplier

Tom

Andy - before committing to a lot of prep work, find the ultimate sprayer and talk to them about the preparation - if any . Many will not touch a proper paint job where they have not done all the coats.

When I did my TR4 , it was blasted back to bare metal and etch primed by the blasters to stop it rusting but once at the painters, they removed the original primer before putting their own on.

Best to check

cheers

Rich 

14 hours ago, rcreweread said:

Andy - before committing to a lot of prep work, find the ultimate sprayer and talk to them about the preparation - if any . Many will not touch a proper paint job where they have not done all the coats.

When I did my TR4 , it was blasted back to bare metal and etch primed by the blasters to stop it rusting but once at the painters, they removed the original primer before putting their own on.

Best to check

cheers

Rich 

I had the same experience with my rear wings this winter, the painter insisted on blasting back to bare metal and he said ‘i was right it was rusty underneath’

steve

Thanks for the input.

I'd be gutted if they wanted to blast off all the hard work that would go into prepping the shell but understand why if they were reliant on it for the final finish.

I'll have a rethink.

Andy

I have always used Bondaprime/Bondarust on all bare metal for the whole shell. most bodyshops will be happy with that as a base as its compatible with anything they want to put over it.

Stuart.

IMG_9421 - Copy.JPG

22 hours ago, stuart said:

I have always used Bondaprime/Bondarust on all bare metal for the whole shell. most bodyshops will be happy with that as a base as its compatible with anything they want to put over it.

Stuart.

IMG_9421 - Copy.JPG

Thanks Stuart & Harry