Re-Chrome in East Midlands

Can anyone recommend an outfit that can do a bumper re-chrome in the East Midlands area: preferably close to Stamford Lincs?  I'm looking to have the rear bumper prepped with a chemical removal process & then a triple coating application ( copper, nickel & chrome).

ATB

Neal

2 hours ago, michael pridham said:

Hi,

Try this company not cheap but very good. 

A.C.F. Howell

Address:Croft Street
Walsall
West Midlands
WS2 8JR

Telephone:01922 649 992

Michael

ACF Howell are in the West Midlands if I'm being pedantic, but they are one of the best chrome players around. They do the full strip and multi-plate process you describe.

They did a great job for me on various parts of my GT6, including the rear bumper and the pot-metal fuel filler flap.

Search on the forum and you will find more recommendations for Howells. My main contact there is Ian (don't know his surname).

Nigel

I would endorse Nigel's recommendation for A.C.F. Howell. I have used them several times including recently to re-chrome the front and rear bumpers on my TR6. Prior to that they completed an excellent job on all of the chrome for my MGC Roadster including some restoration.

They are very good and therefore popular so you should plan on up to eight weeks which is their normal lead-time. 

Best Regards, Peter

• 10 months later...