Rust repairs Midlands

Not sure if it’s appropriate to ask on the forum but thought I would anyway! Joined the club just under a year ago having bought a TR4a late summer. The car was restored about 15 years ago. I was given a heads up that there were small areas of rust....boot edge etc. No holes etc, just a small area of bubbling. There are now one or two other small areas of bubbling, each no more than a 5 or 10 pence piece. Car is generally sound and not full of filler etc. I suspect that unfortunately it will be a case of chasing my tail until I can save enough money for a more radical solution but in the mean time would like to try and get these areas treated. I’m a little too busy ( and to be honest slightly nervous ) about doing it myself. I’m not after a concours finish, the car is for using as often as possible. Not many rust repair centres around now it appears! I wondered if it was appropriate to ask for recommendations in the Midlands for who to approach to patch up the spots initially?

Thanks

Tim

Roughly where in the Midlands are you?

In Leicestershire, you could try Complete Car Care at Theddingworth, between Lutterworth and Market Harborough. Call 01858 880404 and talk to Ben (the boss). They did an excellent job on my GT6 last year, with much rust replaced by new metal followed by a full respray. They are particularly skilled at letting new metal into existing panels to repair rust damage, and pleasant to deal with.

While my car was there, Ben had a steady stream of classic cars coming through his workshop for anything from minor cosmetic improvements to full resprays.

Nigel