front inner wings

I started chopping the rot out in the engine bay on the drivers side and discovered i need a replacement turret top and inner wing / wheel tub.

Looking on rimmers rb7356 seems close but looks too narrow.  Is this the correct piece?

I need a wheel arch outer aswell but i know which panel that is.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:53 PM, jfg said:

I started chopping the rot out in the engine bay on the drivers side and discovered i need a replacement turret top and inner wing / wheel tub.

Looking on rimmers rb7356 seems close but looks too narrow.  Is this the correct piece?

I need a wheel arch outer aswell but i know which panel that is.

Are you after the panel that on a modern car is usually called the arch liner?

Only you can know for sure if that is the panel you need  but that could be the angle of the image making it look narrower than it is.

I'd also have my doubts as it is called a repair panel, that suggests it might not be the full panel.

Give them a call, or one of the other suppliers mentioned above.

12 minutes ago, UlsterTR7 said:

Am I right that it's called a flitch panel?

Not normally, a flitch panel is a supporting panel which fits inside a fabrication. It can be as large as a girder or C section shape,  if a chassis on a truck or car was cut through, after it was butt welded back up a flitch panel or section would be welded within the chassis overlapping the butt weld strengthening the section (then typically stronger than the original section).

Mick Richards 

Edited by Motorsport Mickey
  • 3 weeks later...

i saw it on robsport but i think it was £170 and that's just too much considering i could fabricate something suitable. unfortunately this restoration has a small budget so i'll only buy panels that i cant fabricate.