hood bag fitting

i need to fit my hood bag, but am unsure of the correct fitting of the inside elastic straps,/ position of snaps etc.

is there a decent set of instructions anywhere ?

thanks

Len

Len,

This is what I did on the inside.

Mine is a Don cover and it has 3 elasticated straps with a square vinyl pad on the end of each. I fitted a female snap to each of the 3 vinyl tabs (if the cover is lying flat on the table, with the snap hollow facing up to you).

I then fitted the corresponding three male snaps under the screws marked red in the pic. Note you can only see two of the three. The third one is the corresponding one on the drivers side to the one highlighted on the passenger side. You can see the black male snap already fitted on the passenger side, although I subsequently changed for chrome snaps.

Don't know of a "correct" way but this works well for me. In fact I only ever attach the middle snap, as the two outer ones are hard to get to, and that holds the cover fine at all speeds.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sean

20181219_115202_LI.jpg

There should be 4 elasticated straps on the cover two of which attach to poppers just over halfway up the backboard at either edge as indicated on the attached sketch from the parts book, the other two attach to poppers circa halfway down the B post trim panel. There should be no problems whatsoever at 70mph and above.

cheers

Derek

rear trim panel.JPG

Richard, 

Ignore the numbers the sketch is taken from a page which details the seats and part no 16 is a hook securing one of the rubber straps within the seat back

cheers

Derek

Thought it might be easier to explain with a couple of images so nipped into the garage to take a couple. Note that the hardtop is fitted to my TR at present.P1020179.thumb.JPG.926429a8dfd776d8d6566aee1ee47deb.JPGP1020176.thumb.JPG.ed332a04d80312cfe5b8ecce4826de17.JPG

cheers

Derek