Window winder conundrum

Yesterday I noticed that the Bakelite? knob on my driver's side window winder had disappeared. I found the two broken pieces and the circular end cap on the flor of the car. I thought - simples Araldite will soon sort that but now I find that the two halves of the knob will not close together over the spring on the spindle. With prescience I had bought a spare years ago for £2 at an auto jumble but now note that this must be for a different car, a Herald maybe, since although the handle is identical the knob is  somewhat larger. This hardly matters since the handles are low down on opposite sides of the car and I doubt anyone would notice but does anyone have an idea how I might fix the original?

Tim

139229706_Windowwinderhandles.thumb.JPG.84a2264086636d5864ce124361113ad3.JPG

Yes Pete, Araldite was my first thought but as stated the two pieces will not mate up intimately over the spring on the spindle.

Tim

You' re right Pete - that works! Why didn't I think of that? Brains will tell.

Thanks,

Tim!