TR6 Diff oil leak/removal

14 hours ago, Steve 07976 said:

the 0450905021 is not a suitable filter for a Lucas PI system as it is only rated to 8bar. A friend had one fitted to a Jag with a Mk1 Lucas PI system. The can split with quite spectacular results.

Presumably a "D" type, Lucas MK1 PI ran at higher pressure I think. Its a MK2 system on the Triumphs.

Stuart.

On 5/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, Rogcastle said:

Talking of over filling what is the correct capacity for a TR6 Axle. I have the original handbook for a 1975 which states 1.27 litres, a Bentley manual which states the same and a Haynes manual which states 1.42 litres.  I assume 1.27 is correct?  Can anyone solve the riddle . The Bentley manual does mention1.42 for a pre 1970 USA model!  Maybe that is the answer.

Roger

I can never get more than a 1 litre in (or out).

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 11:56 PM, Mike C said:

8 bar is 116 psi rated pressure. I would have thought it would take a least 170 psi to rupture it. Well above the PI system's working pressure.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:56 PM, Mike C said:

8 bar is 116 psi rated pressure. I would have thought it would take a least 170 psi to rupture it. Well above the PI system's working pressure.

Sorry the mistake is mine. These filters are rated to 6 bar (about 85psi). So far as I'm aware the Lucas mk1 and mk2 systems both run at 110psi