Can't Upload Photos to Classifieds

I have just spent the last 3 hours trying to upload photos into an advert to put in classifieds, and have failed miserably. I have resized the photos to a tiny size yet I still get " you need 57.07 KB of space to upload this image, but you only have - 1737406 B of 50 MB remaining". WTF does that mean??????????

This is the first photo I am trying to upload so how can this be? It really beggars belief that something as important to the club and the forum as Classifieds is SO SO SO user unfriendly . I cannot believe that any software company could produce something so pathetic and then for any customer to accept it. I can upload photos to forum posts etc but this has defeated me and really really piXXed me off.

I can't find any instructions anywhere, I used the search function on the forum to try and find previous threads, and guess what, it found FA - I even used Google to search the forum and again it found FA.

I give up!

John ( Morrison) you did a stirling job getting the forum back on track - is there any hope you can do something about this, PLEASE

Cheers

Rich   

Hi Rich,

I've not used the classified's in anger but just tried to get a photo listed.

You have to log into the members area.

I was able to get a photo file name attached to the correct box.

I then cleared it all as I didn;t want to post it.

So, did you log in to the members area (not the forum), 

Roger

Roger - yes I was logged into the members area - if I then go into "Classifieds" , I get a list of all the adverts I have previously placed, and over which I have the option to renew or delete - I don't really want to delete them all, If I don't have to.

When setting up the new advert, to put a photo on, it seems you have to click on " Media Manager" and that opens up a box here you can upload photos , but thats as far as I can get because I then get the warning quoted in my first post - right at the top of that box are two boxes, one which says "Upload" and one which says "images" - if I click on images . I find three pages of all the images I have ever used , but nowhere is there an obvious way to delete them - is this the problem , in which case ho do I delete them - user friendly? I had better not say anymore before I get into trouble!

Thanks for trying to help ( you shouldn't have to!)

Cheers

Rich

Hi Richard,

deleting photo's on the forum, and I suppose on the classified'ad's too, has been raised a number of times with nothing happening.

It may be that the potential cache is so big they do not need removing.

Roger

• 1 month later...

Help PLEASE

Having had no response to try and sort this ( Roger excepted ) can somebody please advise how I delete photos which appear to be in a cache somewhere on the site, as I think this must be why I can't upload any new photos into Classifieds - if I try, this is the error message I get:

"You need 57.07 KB of space to upload this image, but you only have -1737406 B of 50 MB remaining " 

It appears every photo I have ever used in Classified, going back years (there are 3 pages of them with 18 images on each, so enough but not loads) is stored even though the adverts they related to are mostly long since gone.

When I try and put a photo in my advert ( I am logged in), under " New Photo", I get the option of "Remove" or " Media Manager" - if I click on "Media Manager", I am taken to a page with two boxes at the top, one is greyed out and says "Upload" and doesn't respond to any attempt to do anything with it, and next door to it is another box, which isn't greyed out, which says "Images". If I double click in this box, it opens another page titled "Media Manager", which then has 2 more boxes headed "Upload" & "Images", below which are 18 photos on the page shown, being one of 3 pages, with similar amount of photos on those. On this screen "Images" is greyed out and and doesn't respond to any input and if I click or double click in the " Upload" box, it just takes me back to the former screen - nowhere can I see an option to delete all or even some of these photos. I have tried selecting individual photos to delete them, but this option never arises. 

I'm sure it is this library of photos using up my available photo capacity in Classifieds - I can still load photos into forum posts, subject to the size limit on individual posts ( daftly small as they are ) - none of these photos end up in the Classifieds photo library

Someone else must have had this problem, or alternatively know a way around it, as I haven't had that many adverts and I can't place any more ads with photos.

Hope somebody can help

Cheers Rich

Hi Richard,

I have fixed this minor hiccup for you. You can now upload as normal. 

For some reason, the old images weren't archived. 

For a faster response to issues like these in the future, please use the Contact form on the website, or contact a moderator. 

*NOW RESOLVED