Seat Belt Upgrade.

Hi, while in the midst of restoring my 69 TR6 Iv'e decided to upgrade the seat belts. After scouring the forums I have gone with a pair of Securon 500/30 belts. The install seems straight forward but I am unsure on how to install the stalk. In my car the seat belt anchors are the eye bolts which the old belts clipped on to but if I remove that do I have to add an angle bracket or can I bolt through the eye??  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mick

You may need to give the stalk a twist to get them to line up nicely up the side of the seat.

Stuart.

37 minutes ago, roy53 said:

remove the eye bolt and your new stalk bolts into the same hole.

ROY

The eye bolt is in the floor so sitting up vertical which would mean the stalk would have to be bent ninety degrees is that OK?

Hi mickjj1

I recently replaced the static belts on my 6 with the same type as you are fitting ,you do have to bend and twist the stalk to fit the bolt also at the side of the seat.

As long as you do not use undue force ( they will adjust with hand pressure) then that will be fine. The original Britax stalks that came off were bent in this way.

Brian

On 5/10/2019 at 4:23 PM, AarhusTr6 said:

I used the L brackets that came with mine and find this kept the stalks more out of the way on the seats, especially when tilting.

Rich

Which way did you put the bracket, long or short side vertical?