Hi

I'm planning to use my TR6 for the Snetterton track day in a couple of weeks.

What brake pads do people recommend? Running standard discs.

I run 2 other track cars with CL pads and been very impressed with them. Anyone have experience of these on a TR6

I ran EBC pads (yellow) for many years, but suddenly 2 years back from now the pads started to deteriorate on the tracks and fell apart on several occasions, TR4 and TR8.

I moved on to Pagid racing pads. Fantastic. For sure much more expensive, but almost ever lasting and braking is much better and way more predictable.

On 5/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, MadMarx said:

I ran EBC pads (yellow) for many years, but suddenly 2 years back from now the pads started to deteriorate on the tracks and fell apart on several occasions, TR4 and TR8.

I moved on to Pagid racing pads. Fantastic. For sure much more expensive, but almost ever lasting and braking is much better and way more predictable.

I completely agree about Pagid pads. I use RS29 compound with 4 pot calipers and vented discs. Yes, more expensive but have excellent performance, are extremely durable and very kind to the discs. I just bedded a new set in yesterday ready for the Spa summer Classic.

For a track day car with standard brakes you could do worse than speak to Carbotech http://carbotech-europe.com/ who have a range of compounds for "Fast Road" to "Extreme Race" conditions. I used their materials for many years with standard calipers. 

Dave McD

Any one in the USA want a NOS set of Girling brake Pads for TR4-6  (1/4" pin)

Girling GDB525  with Mintex M75 material.  I have this spec on my road going TR and am completely happy - Not all squeal and dust like the modern replacement things.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-Girling-Disc-Brake-Replacement-Pads-GDB525-Morgan-Plus-8-MGC-Rover-2000/233212440198?epid=1830414850&hash=item364c8b6e86:g:8XgAAOSwfbRbWk2i

Cheers

Peter W