Key required for a TR3 boot handle.

I have a selection of these keys, I will check out the number. is it FA or FS 626 /

Bob.

Edited by Lebro
1 minute ago, Redtom said:

Bob I cannot tell if its FS or FA how can I find that answer, do you know?

Do you have an ignition lock key?  Does it have a FS  number stamped on it?  Does it fit into your  boot lock but not turn?  The key you seek is then probably FS series.

Difference FS to FA is side slots.  

Peter W

Peter, the barrel is for my Spitfire 4 MK1 drivers door handle, these handles are thin on the ground and I was given the old Boot handle to get the barrel from, I just couldn't put ther numbers together, I suspect 626?? but will go to Keyfax a local locksmith on Tuesday.

Old car keys I have are:

FS 888, 891, 903, 930, 941, & 943

FP 683, 685, 733, 781

Older garages used to have a board containing just about every version of these two types.

I have also seen them at autojumbles (though not always complete)

Bob.

On 5 May 2019 at 9:39 AM, Redtom said:

Peter, the barrel is for my Spitfire 4 MK1 drivers door handle, these handles are thin on the ground and I was given the old Boot handle to get the barrel from, I just couldn't put ther numbers together, I suspect 626?? but will go to Keyfax a local locksmith on Tuesday.

Is the TR3A exterior door handle not very close in design, except the escutcheon?

Something tells me we used to use Spit 1 handles and change the escutcheon over.  The escutcheon is the same design I think as TR4-5 boot handle.

I do have a couple of TR3A door handles if you get stuck.

Cheers

Peter W

PS Did your FS key from the ignition fit the boot lock barrel? but not turn....

PPS  I have just been through the bits drawer and found the following.  see photo.  Middle two are v good TR3A handles less ecsutcheons. left is used TR3A handle complete Right is TR3A boot Handle with TR4-5 escutcheon (probably ex Reliant)

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
photo

Hi Peter,

your deep knowledge of our cars keeps surprising me!

Waldi

Ah Ha - so that ebay description makes me think that the No. 626 is probably an FP 626  as the fs's stop at 625.

Worth a punt I would say.

Bob.

Worst case even with a new key the barrel levers may stick or just not work. I replaced the barrels and key with new so avoid the issue. These are available and it is relatively easy to change the barrel over. and retain the original look.

have you been able to sort the droopy or too high door handles, this is another issue when sorting the door latches and barrels.

Rod.

I was given old TR3 boot handles and successfully removed the barrel, which did the job the key number is stamped on the square part of the handle.

Keyfax in Ashton U Lyne charged me £13 for the first Key and £7 for a spare, the key was an FP item, I was had. But thanks to all for their contributions Pete.