Hi Folks,

I have a pot or two of Peanut Cactusesssss. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/cacti-succulents/peanut-cactus/growing-a-peanut-cactus-plant.htm

These were rescued from the father in laws green house when we cleared things out  back in the early 2000's. They hadn't been watered for a couple of years and looked very sad.

Over the last few years I have been growing them on by simply taking off a side bud and sticking it in potting compost.  They take very well.

For the last couple of summers around the end of May early June I have been putting the small plant s with flowers out for passers by to take home.

DSC_3134a.jpg.f75b3ee18fd0cb6dfd018dc0a750e32f.jpg

DSC_3135a.jpg.98dfa8d9ac550cc0329c34c54a2e3673.jpgDSC_3136a.jpg.8c1048f7e3fb50c4a61d7d9bd2eb3137.jpg

These are 1 year old and had no buds when potted up.

Should look good when all in flower

Roger

Very nice Roger.

when I was 10 or 11, I was a keen cactus hobbyist, and my father (off course with my help) built a small greenhouse for me, it even had an cilindrical oil heater, off which the lid blew off when hot and the oil vaporised and ignited....

But as I grew older, my interest changed and more Zundapp engines and frames entered the green house and took gradually over. I still have one survivor:)

Waldi

Green fingers and oily thumbs. Well done roger man of very many talents. 

10 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Sean,

the problem with these cactii is that they multiply faster than I can give them away. So I'm running out of space and I hate throwing plants away.

Roger

Hi Roger,

what about to eat them?

Ciao, Marco

9 hours ago, RogerH said:

Have not thought about that. They look rather spikey

Roger

I though of useing a sieve and make a guacamole - with some of the red blossom on top.

If this does not taste another idea could be something like an aloe vera drink....

"The Peanut Cactus King"

This business idea is for free for you :)

Edited by Z320

Hi Marco,

according to Wiki the peanut cactus is not edible no matter how you attack it.

I think if you blended a handful of the little prickly devils you may be able to rub in your head to see if it helps hair re-growth. :lol:

Roger

29 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Marco,

according to Wiki the peanut cactus is not edible no matter how you attack it.

I think if you blended a handful of the little prickly devils you may be able to rub in your head to see if it helps hair re-growth. :lol:

Roger

Prickly Pile Cream 

Hi,

I'm out with friends from school for some days to hike, have fun, eat, drink, talk, no womem / wifes are with us.

So the things we are talking about are different

The theory is: men never loose hair, they only grow on different places!

Arms, shoulders, neck, back, ears, nose, elsewhere.....

True or not? 

Roger, please sorry me to guide yout thread this way...

Edited by Z320
4 minutes ago, Z320 said:

Hi,

I'm out with friends from school for some days to hike, have fun, eat, drink, talk, no womem / wifes are with us.

So the things we are talking about are different

The theory is: men never loose hair, they only grow on different places!

Arms, shoulders, neck, back, ears, nose, elsewhere.....

True or not? 

Should have taken the wives and girl friends !!!! :rolleyes:

I had a reunion yesterday with class mates from my study. To my opinion I was the only one who had not changed at all:)

Waldi