Hi all

Just replaced o/s floor pan inner and outer sills . floor tack welded inner sill and outer temporally fitted with self tapers fitted both wings and door good gaps and door shuts fine.However the bottom of the front wing is in too far so the door corner protrudes out about 1/4 inch it seems either the A post and hinge needs to go in or the front of the sill needs to come out this would mean a fair bit of cutting and welding and fettling has anyone been here before and any thoughts

Chris

Chris - I got a sill set from Bastuck and then checked the outer sill profile  against a very original sill in situ on one of my cars - the profile was excellent - however what I did notice was that the depth of the top of the sill, ie the bit under the door, was not as deep as the original by about 3/16ths - 1/4inch - I thought at the time that now I know about it, I can flatten out the upstand on the new sill and reform it in the correct place, may end up with the upstand being a bit short, but should be OK.

However I remember thinking that if you fitted the sill and weren't aware of that, then you would have major problems with alignment of doors and wings - this sounds a bit like your problem. 

Unfortunately I'm not at home at the moment so can't give the correct measurement off the top of the original sill, but I will when I'm back in a few days time, if you need it.

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich

thanks for the reply yes your right it is 1/4 inch smaller on this as well checked against the original one that I removed it seems the portion under the front wing is too far in. The option I thought of was to weld another skin over this to pack out the lower part of the wing . The only small issue is the door is slightly over the fold line along the sill, which I can do nothing about every thing else is almost spot on

Chris