replacing trailing arm brackets & poly bushes

Grateful for any top tips from you clever people; trying to refit the trailing arm brackets now that the superpro bushes are in the TA, but I cannot get the bracket to fit neatly over the bush, it just wants to slide about and skin my knuckles in the process

Regards

David

Some brackets are the "clamping" type as in the pic below and act like a jaw when bolted on to the chassis. Try loosening the bolts holding the brackets to the chassis then insert the TA. Using a screw driver to align the bracket hole with the bush helps a lot in the process. If that doesn't work, remove the brackets and open them up in a vise using a threaded shaft or bolt and 2 nuts. Later solution is better as it will allow you to inspect the brackets and look for cracks which is common occurrence. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 8.14.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 8.42.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 8.42.30 AM.png

Edited by Geko
add

Thanks chaps, fitted successfully; I ended up putting the bolts through the TA bushes from outside in, I've seen comments that inside out is easier to dismantle, but I found that the end of the bolt on the inner bracket was fouling the chassis leg (just), so I went for the other way round. Also fabricated a couple of plates to put before the nuts on the TA brackets at the back of the chassis cross member to spread the load and hopefully prevent any pull through of the bolts

Rgds

David