Welcome to Out and About

Welcome one and all to our new section of our forum, namely 'Out and About'

A section open to members and non members alike. Now I am unashamedly pinching a  spot here, but I wanted to cover some items with you all.

Some very nice comments have come my way, on a personal level, concerning the changes to our forum. I may have been the one who 'Picked up the ball and ran with it, but all the changes afforded here where undoubtedly, A Team Effort!

From Allan Westbury who asked us to, 'Take a Look at our forum,' to the Forum Working Party consisting of, Brain Ranshaw, Stan Foster, Tim Burgess and myself, to the tremendous support and encouragement we received, from Mick Forey of the Management Team and of course our very own Wayne Scott. I would tell you all, that from submitting the proposals for change until today.

EVERYONE concerned has pulled in the same direction from those who replied quoting,  'Vitriolic malconts rule', to those who replied hoping some, 'Change would happen' and EVERYONE concerned, deserves a collective, 'Pat on the Back'.

Our forum is now a place where not only keen TR owners can visit, but their wives/partners, grandsons, grand daughters, our European TR owning Pals etc., Indeed anyone at all interested in our cars, without fear of upset, insult or just plain nastiness.

Instead visitors can be sure of help, advice and encouragement, no one knows everything, but our great club, The TR Register, collectively, is the greatest source of knowledge about our cars on the planet, and this forum is the quickest, most efficient way to deliver that knowledge to the four corners of the globe.

I think that our Forum, will be better in the future, and that means by definition, Our Club Will be better in the future.

Many Thanks to you all!

John.

Thank you John and exceptionally well done.. Must admit and as you well know, times were that I despaired.... Next step; getting some of the vibrancy back into it - without any need to resort to petty nastiness?

Cheers and all the best

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Took the car out today,  having finished some long needed work on it. Overtook a Jaguar, Mini Cooper and  freelander.  Twice as I left the garage in reverse and then back into the garage in 1st.  Sounded great. I’ll take any opportunity I can even if it’s only down my drive.  Even that put a smile on my face :D how sad. 

We are all in the same situation I guess. Cannot take the cars out for a run to warm everything up etc so what are people's thoughts about just starting up the cars @ home say once a month without a good run? I have always been lead to believe that it is not really a good idea just cold starting without a decent run to circulate things but of course we cannot do this. Better to just leave the car locked away or start up & run the engine for a while?

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Misfit said:

No TR, but worth a photo don’t you think?

CA5AACCA-CDE8-4A96-B285-B6C3C3A0091D.jpeg

I do think 

:D

ahh Canada:wub:

• 4 months later...

That is indeed JO’G. The weather was grim if I’m honest. A consequence of going out of season to avoid too many RVs.  High levels of concentration and patience required. If I were to do it again  (unlikely) I’d take twice as long and stop more often. The road surface in parts is appalling. If your car needs a shakedown this is the route to drive. 

Well done PJ and Mrs PJ, the Applecross pass ( The Pass of the Cattle) is just brilliant, we love it in both directions up and down. The other route in and out is also interesting.

I have a couple of films of us doing it on two different occasions but it’s probably too large to post here.

Several years ago Ray Drinkwater posted a film of him and his wife Lydia doing it in their TR5 here on this forum, it must be worth a search.

That Applecross Road isnt for the faint hearted. 

I did it in my VW Camper this summer, what fun,  stayed at the Campsite at Applecross. And Walked to the pub, Drank a pint or two and watched an Amazing Sunset. Loved the sign at the bottom .

Conrad.

IMG_20210808_205048.jpg

IMG_20211022_161630.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...