What's a TR6 motor worth ?

Hi Tr6 fanciers, 

I'm presently looking to buy a TR4A in Arkansas to ship back here to the UK.  The existing owner had aspirations to Tr5 ownership and so acquired a TR6 motor.  That project never happened.

I understand it is complete less the distributor (see piccies), and was fine when bought, perhaps 10 years ago,  but has been in the back of his Arkansas garage untouched ever since. Undoubtedly it'll need new seals and some reconditioning.  Aside from that I couldn't say.  

The question is what's it worth ?   and..  Is it worth the cost of my shipping back,  just to sell it. ?  

Because the engine will have to be on its own pallet, and handled independently of the car - it's not going to be cheap to transport overland to a shipping port, and then shipped across the big puddle to here (Essex).  I haven't got a price for that yet  (any suggestions / contacts would be appreciated ) but before I make serious enquiries - I thought I'd ask to see if it would be worth it.

Conversely does anyone want to buy it ..as it is there in Arkansas ?   They can make their own arrangements for collecting and transport ..to wherever.

Thanks in anticipation,  Bfg.

20190421_162620s.jpg

20190421_162658s.jpg

You don't need a pallet, only remove the TR4 Passenger seat and, hey presto, you've got plenty of room for this spare engine. 

Not a TR6 engine but I bought a Triumph 2500S saloon engine in the UK a few months ago. Comparable though.

Without ancilliaries, and supposedly in working condition, I paid £395 on eBay. Maybe that gives some benchmark on TR6 engine values.

I'm currently rebuilding it and will fit to my GT6.

Nigel

Hi

Think its risky mate. . the shipping alone is gonna be a bomb, but from experience, the piccies are nothing like seeing it and turning it.  I'd buy local.