Hockenheim - Jim Clark Revival

Did not manage to catch the M1 then Christian!. Hardly surprising really. How far off his lap times were you?

Regards

Mike

There were 3 different types of M1 in this race.

Number 6 is highly modified, far beyond to what a M1 Pro Car was in 1980. The car is just a few years old. Laptime of this car: 1:49.001

58376766_2620545064685695_55547889302865

Number 67 is an original "Jägermeister" M1 Pro Car, driven by Marco Werner https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Werner. His Laptime was 1:54.4

59079130_2620016401405228_16545883134382

The other two were very slow, with standard engines, slower than 2 minutes.

58420196_2620544761352392_17340644412778

57457011_2620545158019019_12236544748961

My best laptime was 1:55.3. I'm not too far off.

58383290_2620015024738699_69736132002185

Edited by MadMarx
31 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Is the rear wheel coming off the Jägermeister car ???

Many tire problems. I have two flat tires.

I guess from the F1 carbon bits on the track

Entertaining race Christian. Why the early retirement? Interesting to see TVR Tuscan challenge car just getting the better of you. They allow them in the CSCC Future Classics series in the UK, albeit that they have to run on treaded Type 1A,1B or 1C tyres.

I have fond memories of when the TR Register race series was at Cadwell Park sometime in the early 1990's and the TVR Tuscan challenge was on the same day. Watching Gerry Marshall coming over the Mountain with all 4 wheels off the ground and not lifting until he reached the braking point for Hall Bends was a memory forever etched in my mind! Fabulous car control, showboating for the crowd, but setting only about the 6th fastest lap time!

Mike

The TVR Tuscan is a great race car. V8 with overhead camshaft, 460 hp, independ suspension all around, huge brakes.

Everything you need to be fast.

Currently he finished 6 times in front of me, and me 3 times in front of him.

The guy is nice and a great driver. This will be continued.

The early retirement is from the crash switch. I went over rumble curb and the fuel pump was switched off by the crash switch.

I take this device out. The faster the car gets, the more this device cause trouble.

PS: I've met Gerrys Marshals son once.

Edited by MadMarx
On 4/30/2019 at 2:48 PM, MadMarx said:

As you point it out, is flat cornering good or bad?

Good, stiff min roll, monster slicks.

Racing with Gerry M’s son at Spa summer meet in TR4.

Edited by jellison

2 hours ago, jellison said:

Gregor not used to it though. Gromit used to be one of the fastest TR4s back in the TR Register days. 3 TR4’sB)

I think a plasticine Dog just usurped me ! Used to be called "Trevors Twin" when I used to own it and we raced in it, and then when Grev Watson bought it became known as "Kermit" (it was painted Green).

Or are we talking about a different TR4 ?

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Mick

Kermit is now owned and raced by Chris Edwards but when Simon Watson sold the car to Chris he retained the reg. no. 1235 KY which now adorns the beautiful TR4 SLR replica that TR Enterprises built for Brian White who has already had very good results with the car including a 2nd and 3rd overall in the Equipe GTS races at Brands Hatch last weekend and an excellent result in its first race at Spa last year.

Mike

That's what I thought Mike, so is "Gromit" a different car ?

Mick Richards

I had a look on the data recordings.
Topspeed 255,4 kph
Interesting that the roof spoiler lowered the topspeed only 1 kph, but provides a better cornering performance.

I had the subjective feel that it was more influence on topspeed, but numbers say the truth.

1.97G vector acceleration!

And I brake too early the software says.

The roof spoiler gives 10kph more on the fast right kink.

Edited by MadMarx