This may be a silly question but I will ask it all the same! Obviously when doing the final set up on the suspension it will be done with the car fully loaded - about 12 months away - but when doing everything up loosely at the early build stage with a bare chassis ie. no engine/gearbox/diff etc is there a guide as to what the camber should be?

Many thanks,

Tim

Set it as it should be when fully assembled, when you add all the components it will all change. 

At some stage when the body goes on you'll want to check tyres to wheelarches protrusions etc after bouncing up and down on the springs, and then you'll have to reset the camber again, but on a moving target the only datum is absolute, that which you hope it to end at.

Mick Richards.

2 hours ago, John L said:

This was on here recently,   it may help with the dimensions.Wheel alignment TRV2I738042.pdf

The advice in there for camber on the front is the wrong way round. Add shims to increase camber and remove to decrease.

Stuart.

I appreciate that all measurements will vary at every stage of the build and that the only really relevant measurement is the final set up. Am I correct in thinking that if the car is set up at 0 degrees at the front with no weight on it the camber will become more negative as weight increases? Then add shims to get the final correct setting. Is there a maximum number of shims that should be added before suspecting something is not right? 

Tim

Remove shims to make camber more positive.  On Eric I started I think with 3 shims then when fully loaded I removed one each side to give ever so slight negative camber at the front. 

On 4/27/2019 at 4:23 PM, Tim T said:

I appreciate that all measurements will vary at every stage of the build and that the only really relevant measurement is the final set up. Am I correct in thinking that if the car is set up at 0 degrees at the front with no weight on it the camber will become more negative as weight increases? Then add shims to get the final correct setting. Is there a maximum number of shims that should be added before suspecting something is not right? 

Tim

Nominal start is three shims on each and then measure and set when fully built and run for a bit to settle.

Stuart.

Many thanks all!

I look forward to the answers to the next question whatever that may be!!

Tim