Tr4a - lower wishbone arm to trunnion pivot bolt hardware

Folks, before reassembling the front suspension, I’m going through all the bits to check for wear, etc. I found something interesting.

According to the Stanpart book, each lower wishbone to trunnion pivot bolt uses the following hardware:

55, 54, 56, 57, 53 (wishbone) 57, 56, 54, 55

However on my car I found the following:

55, 54, 53 (wishbone) 54, 55

I have the same for both wishbones, on both sides of the car. Did a PO leave off the other parts, or were the number of components changed at some point?

thanks

Jim

2C80613B-CBAF-4EAB-BF7D-6087444BF5C8.png

AC11668C-805F-4D43-A59A-FE621A234836.jpeg

Copperslip when you put it back together otherwise they seize and youll have hells own job to get it out the next time the bushes wear out.

Stuart.

• 3 weeks later...

allow me to latch on with another related question. Do you still use the shield/cup and sealing ring when using the SuperPro trunnion bush kit SPF 1844K?

Thx Alf

PS my 4A IRS Moss catalogue indicates these parts on p42 as 96 and 97 as opposed to 56 and 57 - any significance here