TR3 for sale - Essex

Looks lovely ... is the asking price fair?  I have no idea on values of 3s. 

I find it odd that (presumably) very large sums have been spent on this restoration and it is being sold after 50 miles.   

2 hours ago, Hawk said:

Looks lovely ... is the asking price fair?  I have no idea on values of 3s. 

I find it odd that (presumably) very large sums have been spent on this restoration and it is being sold after 50 miles.   

Whether it is the exception or the rule I can't say, but restorations often don't deliver on the hopes and expectations of their owners. The prospect is better when decades of familiarity precede the undertaking!

Tom

On 4/26/2019 at 11:03 AM, MikeThomas said:

Noticed this lovely looking TR3 in my local garage for sale, know very little about 3s as I have a 5, but looked very clean to me.

https://www.dealofkelvedon.co.uk/vehicle-details/Triumph-Tr3-U5061/

Mike

I drive past Deals every Monday (well  most Mondays) on my way to Coggeshall.

Always glance at the cars in Deals, but have never stopped to take a proper look

This one seems a bit pricey to me, but, I'll stop and have a look on Monday. 

I'm not in the market for another car,  so SWMBO tells me . . . . . . . . . . . . .hmmmmm

John

7 hours ago, foster461 said:

I fail to understand why someone would go to the expense, time and effort of a long door restoration and use incorrect seats and wing beading. It makes you wonder what else is wrong, "engine block re-bored for example". Is that even possible?

I will concede however, that the price seems to reflect the deficiencies and it's still a desirable Triumph.

Tom

10 hours ago, foster461 said:

As this car is an older restoration showing its age in the carpets and engine bay, I reckon my long door TR2 once completed would be asking at least £50-60,000. I am endeavouring to build my car as close as is possible to the original factory specs for the Commission number. 

Edited by John McCormack
5 hours ago, roger murray-evans said:

Halfway through the restoration of my 2, doing an awful lot of the

work myself, farming the rest out where the job will be done better,

even the 2 most expensive cars mentioned here are beginning to look

like bargains!!

Roger M-E

Concur. My budget all up is $65,000 Aus. About £34,000. Plus my labour.

14 hours ago, wjgco said:

Mike

I drive past Deals every Monday (well  most Mondays) on my way to Coggeshall.

Always glance at the cars in Deals, but have never stopped to take a proper look

This one seems a bit pricey to me, but, I'll stop and have a look on Monday. 

I'm not in the market for another car,  so SWMBO tells me . . . . . . . . . . . . .hmmmmm

John

Hi John,

I've always used Deals, trusted family run firm, they sold by S Type Jag for me a year or so ago.

The car is inside the showroom.

Best wishes,

Mike

I’ve seen this car, I find it difficult to believe there is a better 3a available anywhere. As regards price......try and recreate it for this sum, I think you would struggle.

to be honest, I very much doubt they came out the factory this good!

simon